We’re Hiring a New Family Ministry Coordinator at Old St. Mary!
We are excited to announce a new position opening on our dynamic four-parish Family Ministry Team! Current Family Ministry Coordinator Anh Clausen will move to focusing on ministry at Three Holy Women, and we will be hiring a new Family Ministry Coordinator to serve Old Saint Mary Parish. If you or someone you know might be interested in investing in the OSM community through this rewarding 10 hour per week position, see the job description below. We are accepting applications through November 30, and the position will start in January. For questions, contact Sara Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 962-2443.
Family Ministry Coordinator Old Saint Mary
The Family Ministry Coordinator at Old Saint Mary is a faithful, enthusiastic, creative individual who is passionate about Jesus Christ, the Catholic Church, and Old Saint Mary Parish and serves on our four-parish Family Ministry Team.
This team seeks to:
- Develop a collaborative, unified, and mission-driven Family Ministry for Old Saint Mary, Three Holy Women, Our Lady of Divine Providence, and Saints Peter and Paul
- Provide a personal presence at each parish (particularly on the weekend) to welcome and build relationships with families
- Move families from entry points (sacramental preparation and celebration, parish registration, mass attendance) into deeper community and discipleship
- Form and empower parents to embrace their responsibility as primary teachers and evangelizers within the family
The Old Saint Mary Family Ministry Coordinator is part of a dynamic Family Ministry team that reports to the Director of Family Ministry. This team includes Family Ministry Coordinators for Our Lady of Divine Providence, Saints Peter and Paul, and Three Holy Women, as well as the four-parish Youth Minister. The OSM Family Ministry Coordinator focuses on building relationships with OSM families, addressing parish-specific needs (particularly in connection with weekend liturgies), and working collaboratively on ministries shared between all four parishes. Occasionally, the OSM Coordinator is asked to assist with needs at other parishes as well.
This is a growing area of ministry and responsibilities develop over time. Priorities include:
- Providing a welcoming presence at weekend liturgies, meeting families and helping them connect to one another and to parish life
- Personally welcoming families in the baptism process and following up with them after baptism
- Engaging with parents during OSM Sunday Morning Religious Education Program
- Coordinating Children’s Liturgy of the Word during 9:00am Sunday Mass, including recruiting and training volunteers
- Walking with First Communion families through preparation, retreat, rehearsal, liturgy, and follow-up
- Participating in planning and implementation of Good News Adventure summer camp
- Supporting and assisting with four-parish ministries such as Family Holy Hour, Advent and Lenten events, and others as discerned by the team
- Pursuing ongoing spiritual formation through the Missionary Discipleship Institute and other opportunities
Other responsibilities will be added over time as our Family Ministry program develops. As a member of the parish staff, the OSM Coordinator may also be asked to step into other responsibilities at the parish that support the overall mission of the Church but are not directly related to Family Ministry.
- 10 Hours per week, 10 months of the year (September – June); 5 hours per week in July and August.
- Hours are flexible, but will require evenings, weekends, and regular Thursday morning team meetings.
- Regular presence at OSM weekend liturgies is essential to this ministry.
- The number of hours may vary from week to week, but will average to 10 hours per week.
January 3, 2019 (some flexibility possible for the right candidate).
- Practicing Catholic with a deep love for Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church
- Commitment to Old Saint Mary Parish
- Ability to work well on a dynamic, collaborative team
- Warm and friendly personality, especially for welcoming and meeting new people
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for relationship-based ministry
Please send a letter of interest and resume by November 30 to Sara Larson, Director of Family Ministry, at email@example.com. Interviews will take place in early December.